Here And Now
More Than Just a Hearing Aid
When hearing aids were first invented and readily available to people, their focus was purely to improve the wearers hearing and nothing else. However, as technology has advanced, hearing aids are now much more than a device to aid your hearing. Newer hearing aids include AI technology to automatically adjust to the environment you are in, and others have features that can help with your overall health.
Hearing aid brand Starkey are one of the leading hearing aid companies that has the wearers health at the forefront of everything they do. Their Thrive app works alongside their hearing aids and has many different health focused features that are designed to improve day to day life and give loved one’s peace of mind.
The Thrive app will collect and track data for you to view in the app and share with loved ones and professionals. From how much you are wearing your hearing aids to how active you are throughout the day, Starkey hearing aids are much more than just a hearing device.
- The app will collect information about how much you are wearing your hearing aids. This information is useful for your hearing professional as they can gain a better understanding about when you are using your hearing aids and why.
- The AI technology in the hearing aids will automatically adjust settings to your environment to improve your hearing, however you can also change these settings in the app. Thrive will keep track of how much you are changing the settings and what you are adjusting. This will provide information on different situations you are struggling with and whether there are better settings available to avoid needing to manually adjust the aids.
- Many people with hearing loss struggle in noisy environments, however the transcribe feature of the app will pick up the conversation you are having and send it to your phone, so you can keep up with everything that is going on.
- Thrive also has an activity tracker that collects information about how physically active you have been alongside brain activity. The body score will count your steps and physical activity, and the brain score tracks how long you have been using the hearing aids for and any adjustments you make.
- Fall detection is also a key feature of the app, and one that provides loved ones with comfort and peace of mind. The app can be set up to notify loved ones and carers if the hearing aid wearer has had a fall.
- We all forget things every now and then, and with Thrive you can set up reminders for upcoming events, appointments and taking medication. Family members who have access to the app are also able to set reminders and notes for the wearer each day.
Starkey hearing aids and the Thrive app are a great combination for looking after hearing health and providing information to family members and professionals where they need it.
For more information about Starkey’s range of hearing aids or the Thrive app, contact us today.
17 Jan 2024
What is Tinnitus? Understanding the Ringing in Your Ears
Tinnitus, often described as a ringing, buzzing, or humming sound in the ears without any external source, affects millions worldwide. While commonly referred to as a condition, tinnitus is more accurately a symptom of an underlying issue rather than a disease in itself. Understanding its causes, effects, and management can significantly improve the quality of life for those experiencing it.
6 Dec 2023
Winter Ear Care Tips 2024
As we revel in the festive season it's crucial not to overlook the care of one of our most vital senses: hearing. Christmas time brings with it a plethora of sounds, from carolers singing sweet melodies to the crackling of fireplace logs and the laughter of loved ones. Ensuring optimal ear health during this time is essential for fully enjoying these auditory delights.
23 Nov 2023
Exploring the Connection Between Cognitive Decline and Hearing Loss
Studies have consistently shown a correlation between hearing loss and cognitive decline, with many researchers now positing a causal relationship. The link between the two can be explained through various mechanisms, shedding light on the complex interplay between auditory perception and cognitive function.
16 Nov 2023
Breaking the Silence: Understanding the Stigma Surrounding Hearing Loss and Hearing Aids
Hearing loss affects millions of people worldwide, with 12.1 million people in the U.K also having hearing loss. Yet a pervasive stigma surrounds this common condition and the use of hearing aids. This stigma, rooted in misconceptions and societal attitudes, often leads individuals to delay seeking help and adopting assistive devices. Understanding the reasons behind the stigma is essential for fostering a more inclusive and supportive environment for those with hearing loss.
18 Oct 2023
Protecting Your Ears: Essential Tips for Autumn and Winter in the UK
As autumn leaves fall and winter approaches in the United Kingdom, it's not just your skin that needs extra care. Your ears, often overlooked, are equally susceptible to the harsh weather conditions that these seasons bring. Here are some essential tips for keeping your ears safe during autumn and winter.
25 Sep 2023
The Sound of Good Health: A Comprehensive Guide to Ear Care
When it comes to health and well-being, it's easy to overlook the importance of ear care. The truth is, our ears play a vital role in our day-to-day lives, and neglecting them can lead to a host of problems. In the United Kingdom, a growing number of individuals are realizing the significance of proper ear care and taking steps to protect their hearing.