Here And Now
Hearing protection, noise reduction and sound sleep
At The Ear Place we are experts in ears and hearing. This means we don't just offer hearing assessments and hearing aids but also offer solutions to care for your ears in all aspects of your life.
Noise damage can occur during our every day lives listening to what most of us would consider to be every day sounds. Head over to 'The Ear Lab' section on our website for some interesting and useful information on noise damage and take a look at what normal every day sounds can actually be quite damaging to the ear and hearing.
We provide a wide variety of hearing protection products and noise reduction solutions for all hobbies and daily activities. These are designed to protect your hearing and make experiences more comfortable and/or safe.
Some examples of what we can offer at The Ear Place are below:
Note* All of the solutions we offer are custom made to your ears, this is done by take a mould of your ear in the consultation. This ensures, maximum comfort and maximum protection.
- Sleep plugs - to block out any unwanted noise when you are trying to sleep. However, they are much more comfortable than 'off the shelf' ear plugs as these are designed to fit the shape of your ears and made out of a soft flexible silicone to remain comfortable even when sleeping on your side
- Swim plugs - to keep the water out of your ears when swimming. If you are a person that is prone to ear infections or have sensative skin, getting water in your ears can be quite troublesome. Likewise if you have a build up of wax in your ears, getting water in them can make your hearing temporarily worse as the water can get stuck behind the wax and made you feel blocked. These particular ear plugs are made from a soft, flexible foam material and float in water incase there was a circumstance where they did come out.
- Wireless headphones - we are able to make you some wireless headphones to replace your standard wired ones. Wireless headphones are much more convineint and comfortable. You may even have some headphones or in ear monitors you already like and wish to keep, if this is the case we can also get them embedded into a mould for you to improve the fit.
- In ear monitors and motor cycling protection - whether you need in ear monitors for a job in the police force, as a tv presenter or to communicate with others when on a motor cycle we will have something to suit you.
- Musician ear plugs - music specific ear plugs are designed to ensure that your ears are protected against sounds that would otherwise be too loud, however, they reduce the sound in a way that means it still sounds natural, just at a lower, safer volume. They also allow you to still be able to have a conversastion with others whilst wearing the ear plugs so you are not constantly having to take them in and out.
- Shooting ear plugs - similar to music plugs, shooting plugs will attenuate loud sound of gun fire to protect the ear but allow normal, natrual sounds and conversation to be heard as normal. Depending on the level of technology in the shooting plugs, different programs are available for different types of game.
Along with these products being custom made to the shape of your ears, lots of other customization optoins are available on certain procucts such as:
- Initial engraving
- Choice of colour
- Images printed on the side
If you are unsure where to start, or unsure if we have something to suit your particular needs then please do not hesisate to contact us and book a consultation where all of the options available to you will be discussed.
17 Jan 2024
What is Tinnitus? Understanding the Ringing in Your Ears
Tinnitus, often described as a ringing, buzzing, or humming sound in the ears without any external source, affects millions worldwide. While commonly referred to as a condition, tinnitus is more accurately a symptom of an underlying issue rather than a disease in itself. Understanding its causes, effects, and management can significantly improve the quality of life for those experiencing it.
6 Dec 2023
Winter Ear Care Tips 2024
As we revel in the festive season it's crucial not to overlook the care of one of our most vital senses: hearing. Christmas time brings with it a plethora of sounds, from carolers singing sweet melodies to the crackling of fireplace logs and the laughter of loved ones. Ensuring optimal ear health during this time is essential for fully enjoying these auditory delights.
23 Nov 2023
Exploring the Connection Between Cognitive Decline and Hearing Loss
Studies have consistently shown a correlation between hearing loss and cognitive decline, with many researchers now positing a causal relationship. The link between the two can be explained through various mechanisms, shedding light on the complex interplay between auditory perception and cognitive function.
16 Nov 2023
Breaking the Silence: Understanding the Stigma Surrounding Hearing Loss and Hearing Aids
Hearing loss affects millions of people worldwide, with 12.1 million people in the U.K also having hearing loss. Yet a pervasive stigma surrounds this common condition and the use of hearing aids. This stigma, rooted in misconceptions and societal attitudes, often leads individuals to delay seeking help and adopting assistive devices. Understanding the reasons behind the stigma is essential for fostering a more inclusive and supportive environment for those with hearing loss.
18 Oct 2023
Protecting Your Ears: Essential Tips for Autumn and Winter in the UK
As autumn leaves fall and winter approaches in the United Kingdom, it's not just your skin that needs extra care. Your ears, often overlooked, are equally susceptible to the harsh weather conditions that these seasons bring. Here are some essential tips for keeping your ears safe during autumn and winter.
25 Sep 2023
The Sound of Good Health: A Comprehensive Guide to Ear Care
When it comes to health and well-being, it's easy to overlook the importance of ear care. The truth is, our ears play a vital role in our day-to-day lives, and neglecting them can lead to a host of problems. In the United Kingdom, a growing number of individuals are realizing the significance of proper ear care and taking steps to protect their hearing.